[CBQ] CB&Q in the Black Hills

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q in the Black Hills
From: "P.E. Pearson" <pepearson@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:45:45 -0000

Hello all,

Beginning to collect info and research material for an (eventual)
layout representing the CB&Q's High Line from Edgemont SD north to
Deadwood and Spearfish SD.  In the process of ordering Bulletins #34
(Black Hills Issue) and #41 (#537 and other NG locomotives).

Want to determine if I can faithfully attempt to reproduce
operations on the High Line, including interchanges with CN&W/FE&MV,
RCBH&W (Rapid City, Black Hills and Western) and many of the narrow
gauge operations around the Deadwood/Lead/Central City/Pluma area
including the BH&FP (Black Hills and Ft Pierre) NG RR as well.

I expect to have to narrow my focus a bit as I am not blessed with
an abundance of useable RR real estate (yet), not to mention my
decision to switch from HO to S and Sn3 for this project. But I am
very excited about the wealth of realistic operational possibilities
from the region with the added bonus of the Narrow Gauge operations
in the Hills as well!

Anyone have any additional ideas for information to assist my
search?  I own Mildred Fiedler's book "Railroads of the Black
Hills", along with the book "High Line Scrapbook" by Greg Walters
and Rick Mills. I am asking Santa for a copy of Rick Mills'
book "125 years of Black Hills Railroads".:)  And, like stated
above, will be acquiring the past two Bulletins dealing with the
area as well.

Thanks, nice to be back "on list" and look forward to more
discussions regarding one of my favorite RR's!

Paul Pearson
Denver

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM