[CBQ] Re: CB&Q in the Black Hills

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q in the Black Hills
From: "P.E. Pearson" <pepearson@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:23:41 -0000

I should have mentioned I have those issues in my collection as well
as I attended the C&NWHS Annual Meet in Rapid City in the Spring of
1997 (if my memory serves.....).  Good time, great food (buffalo!),
was held at the Alex Johnson Hotel in Rapid.

I do think the CNWHS still have those back issues from 1997 in stock
if anyone is interested.  Obviously deals with C&NW and predecessor
Fremont, Elkhorn and Missouri Valley RR, but info, including maps,
are invaluable and first rate.  Author Rick Mills is a friend of my
father's and is considered one of the most knowledgeable authors on
South Dakota Railroads, not to mention one of the nicest guys you
could meet.

www.cnwhs.org

Thanks!

Paul Pearson
Denver

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Bob Webber <zephyr1@a...> wrote:
> There are also two issues from the C&NW society on the NG
operations in the
> area, but mine are packed away at the moment - you might be able
to find
> out from their web site though.
>
> At 10:45 AM 11/19/2004, you wrote:
>
> >Hello all,
> >
> >Beginning to collect info and research material for an (eventual)
> >layout representing the CB&Q's High Line from Edgemont SD north to
> >Deadwood and Spearfish SD.  In the process of ordering Bulletins
> >(Black Hills Issue) and #41 (#537 and other NG locomotives).
> >
> >Want to determine if I can faithfully attempt to reproduce
> >operations on the High Line, including interchanges with
CN&W/FE&MV,
> >RCBH&W (Rapid City, Black Hills and Western) and many of the
narrow
> >gauge operations around the Deadwood/Lead/Central City/Pluma area
> >including the BH&FP (Black Hills and Ft Pierre) NG RR as well.
> >
> >I expect to have to narrow my focus a bit as I am not blessed with
> >an abundance of useable RR real estate (yet), not to mention my
> >decision to switch from HO to S and Sn3 for this project. But I am
> >very excited about the wealth of realistic operational
possibilities

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM