[CBQ] Renascence

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Renascence
From: zephyrus@rickadee.net
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:22:56 -0800
I've replaced the "raw" stitched image of Renascence in the files area,
with a cleaned-up image.  This would print out full size (23 x 22.6 inches)
if you tell the printer the file is 72dpi.

I have cleaned up the border and removed (as well as possible) wrinkles,
scuffs and artifacts (one big dog hair in particular found its way onto the
scanner platen) from the image.  The full-size 600dpi, 24bit uncompressed
TIF is 547.5MB.

I have tried to be unobtrusive with the editing and not "over-restore" the
image.  When in doubt whether a feature was part of the image, a printing
artifact or later damage, I left it alone.  I did not do any painting at
all, but rather used cloning brushes of various sizes, transparencies and
spacings.  I still need to do a little work on the bottom border--there are
some obvious cloning artifacts in that area.  I did pay especial attention
to the "frame" around the image and the lettering, making sure they were
clean and even.

The next step is, what's next?  I personally would like to see Renascence
as a full-size print, and I know that others have expressed the same
interest.  Would a Renascence print be a good Company Store project?  I
don't have any commercial aspriations in making and selling a print myself,
but I'd sure be willing to help in that effort as I'm able.  Has the BRHS
done any posters in the past?

Also, I'd like to get a copy of the TIFF into the archives.  The four raw
scans fit on a CD-ROM, as does the completed print.  Dave L., would I send
them to you?

Best regards,

Randy

zephyrus@rickadee.net                            http://www.prototrains.com