Re: [CBQ] Re: IL Railnet was "BNSF closing its doors in West Burlington"

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: IL Railnet was "BNSF closing its doors in West Burlington"
From: "East Pass" <EastPass@19main.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:06:49 -0500
Christopher,

If I may ask; "Why?"  Most of these are not outright sales
but 20 year leases and Operating Contracts. The BNSF still
gets almost all the revenue and every deal frees up a few
train service employees to handle the traffic where the big
profit is. The reason the Railroad was built was to make
money. At least the philosophy does not result in outright
abandonment.

Russ