[CBQ] Broadway Ltd 2-8-2

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Broadway Ltd 2-8-2
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 06:52:51 -0700
Bcc:
Now that the Broadway Ltd 2-8-2 has been out some time, I am wondering what
the opinion is of those that may have bought it. I took it for a test run at
a local hobby shop (on their test track). I really liked the chuffing sound
and whistle, wasn't too crazy about the sound of the bell.

I also was not impressed with the molded on detail, or lack there of, so I
passed on buying it. I have been thinking about it lately and wondering if
it would be worth the effort to make changes to the boiler by removing some
of the molded on detail and replacing it to be more prototypical for the Q.

Curious to know if anyone has attempted to make changes to the boiler, what
they did and how difficult it may have been.

I do not operate DCC, I'm an old analog guy.

Thanks for any info

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM