[CBQ] Re: Intermountain stock cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Intermountain stock cars
From: "cbq_k_line" <cbq_k_line@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 00:30:13 -0000
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Bill Hirt <whirt@a...> wrote:
> Paul K. wrote:
>
> > Good catch, Chris.
> >
> > We certainly could use a 'Q stock car as these cars by ANY
manufacturer are LONG overdue.
>  >  Too bad Intermountain will be bringing them out because that
means
> they will only be available
>  > in very costly RTR versions, IOW, NO KITS!
>
> If your dealer carries Intermountain (and orders from
Intermountain
> rather than Walthers), they can order any of the Intermountain RTR
cars
> as kits. Intermountain still molds and paints their cars in
Colorado.
> They then ship the parts to China for assembly. Your dealer just
needs
> to order what you want as a kit. My dealer used to carry a load of
> Intermountain kits (and still has quite a few), but he finds no
one asks
> for kits for new releases. With what he sells it for, the
difference
> between the kit and RTR version is $6-8 and he finds that people
will
> pay the difference rather than assemble the kit.
>
> In the case of the Santa Fe stock cars, I've heard they plan to
throw
> all the parts for the variations in one kit bag, but assembly
> instructions will be minimal.
>
> Bill

That information alone was worth more than any info about the IM
stock cars! Now I can also take advantage of their XM-32's in HO
scale that are still TBA, and in kit form! If I would have known
this earlier!!! I am probably the biggest customer to my LHS, maybe
I can convince them to become a dealer for IM!!!

Thanks, Bill Hirt!!!

Christopher

Modeling the Q somewhere in Iowa....

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM