Re: [CBQ] Intermountain stock cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Intermountain stock cars
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:21:44 -0500
Paul K. wrote:

> Good catch, Chris.
>
> We certainly could use a 'Q stock car as these cars by ANY manufacturer are
> LONG overdue.
 >  Too bad Intermountain will be bringing them out because that means
they will only be available
 > in very costly RTR versions, IOW, NO KITS!

If your dealer carries Intermountain (and orders from Intermountain
rather than Walthers), they can order any of the Intermountain RTR cars
as kits. Intermountain still molds and paints their cars in Colorado.
They then ship the parts to China for assembly. Your dealer just needs
to order what you want as a kit. My dealer used to carry a load of
Intermountain kits (and still has quite a few), but he finds no one asks
for kits for new releases. With what he sells it for, the difference
between the kit and RTR version is $6-8 and he finds that people will
pay the difference rather than assemble the kit.

In the case of the Santa Fe stock cars, I've heard they plan to throw
all the parts for the variations in one kit bag, but assembly
instructions will be minimal.

Bill

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM