Re: [CBQ] Seeking source of CB&Q ICC valuation records

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Seeking source of CB&Q ICC valuation records
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 21:55:32 -0500
Ken;

Thanks.  I appreciate your reply.  Not to sound like an ingrate, but
I've been to that link before and frankly, find it to be only slightly
shy of worthless.  Certainly disappointing.  In my mind, an on-line site
of that sort should at least be able to point me at catalog number(s)
for any potential CB&Q holdings so that I could make a sensible
inquiry.  I know some university libraries have copies of such records
(I previously found a complete report for another RR at the University
of Iowa), and was hoping that one of our list members had "been there
and done that" already, and could point me in the right direction.  BB
#30 on the B&W/B&NW obviously has some ICC valuation data (the
town-by-town structure inventory with dimensions and year built is
typical of the reports)  so the material is out there somewhere.
Help?...anybody?

The ICC reports really are a gold mine of information and would be an
awesome resource for CB&Q fans to have on-line.  I'm willing to do the
grunt work of entering and formatting the data if I can just find the
reports.

Kind regards, Rob Adams

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM