Re: [CBQ] Burlington, IA yard, station, etc.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington, IA yard, station, etc.
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 20:02:06 -0500
Chris;

I highly recommend that you purchase a copy of Burlington Bulletin #23,
which provides a great deal of background on the Q's facilities and
operations at Burlington, IA.  You may also be interested in BB #26
which covered the West Burlington shops but has info about Burlington,
and BB#30 which provided a detailed look at the B&W and B&NW branches
(the B&NW was the line up to Washington).  The answers to most of your
questions, as well as a lot of other information is to be found in these
references.  BB#23 even has trackage diagrams of the yard, roundhouse
and station area.  I'm not certain, but BB#30 may now be sold out at the
BRHS company store.  If so, chances are that one of our members may know
where a copy may be found.

An order form for these publications may be found in the company store
section at the BRHS web site:  www.burlingtonroute.com

If you are interested, I have put together the start of a web site
featuring the B&NW, and it may be found at :

http://showcase.netins.net/web/adams7/websites/B&NWsite/index.htm

You'll need to click the "home" link in the Nav bar at left for the main
page to display.  (I apparently broke the default in the code when I
modified it last time.)

Kind regards, Rob Adams

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM