[CBQ] Burlington, IA yard, station, etc.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Burlington, IA yard, station, etc.
From: Christopher Meyer <burlingtonfan_89@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 17:28:59 -0700 (PDT)
 The yard at Burlington was never installed with humps and retarders, was it?
This was obviously a much smaller yard than the one at Galesburg, so I've
decided to model this facility rather than the huge facilities of Galesburg.
Wasn't the Rock Island RR interchange on the north side of the yard? Where did
the branch to Washington, IA connect to the main in Burlington? I think the
roundhouse was on the west side of the yard, so where was the Burlington
station, what did it look like, and was the ROCK a tenant at this station, or
did the CRI&P have it's own Burlington station?

                                                        Thanks for any info.,

Christopher

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM