Re: [CBQ] Burlington, IA yard, station, etc.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington, IA yard, station, etc.
From: William Ewinger <b_ewinger@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 06:11:06 -0700 (PDT)
hi chris
the yards at burlington are located between the
mississpppi river and main street with the depot being
on the west side of the yards oppiste main street with
double main tracks running by it.on the northeast
corner of the yard is were the crip and the burlington
branch tried into the yards.the crip and cbq shared
track to medipolis iowa were the to split apart the
crip going to cedar rapids and the cbq going to
washington.crip had a turn table and small engine
house on the north side of town.cbq roundhouse was
south of the depot on the west side of the
yard.remeber also you have the k-line trackage
leaveing the yard on the south west side going to
keokuk ia an south.using the double main line across
the river to illinios jct. on the east side of the
river to get to the branch that went to carthage and
quincy illinios.the main water tank was located
between the depot and the roundhouse with piping
underground to all neccessary places with just fill
pipes.this would be both ends of the depot
platforms.there was another tank located at the
roundhouse.
bill ewinger
--- Christopher Meyer <burlingtonfan_89@yahoo.com>

http://messenger.yahoo.com/