[CBQ] Re: Location of Q station in Galesburg

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Location of Q station in Galesburg
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 17:06:07 -0500
Chris,

Just east of the yard on the north side (northwest by compass
orientation)  of the tracks, accessible from Seminary St. or Mulberry
St.  Of course, the present depot was built in the Amtrak era ( in the
early 1980s). The earlier depot, built by the Q, stood in the same
location, but was much larger. I believe there was actually yet another
depot there in the same location that was replaced around the beginning
of the 20th century.

Bill Barber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM