[CBQ] CZ Dome Observation

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CZ Dome Observation
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 08:21:43 -0700
Bcc:
I have heard that the roof height on the CZ dome observation was taller at
the tail end behind the dome, that the roof line in front of the dome. this
allowed the front of the car to be in allignment with the rest of the Budd
cars.

I have looked at different drawings on the CZ Budd cars, and can not see or
find any reference to this height difference. When I look at some photos of
a CZ observation car, it does appear that the roof line behind the dome is
slighly higher than on the front.

There is a new brass (Challenger?) CZ consist at the Train Shop in Santa
Clara Ca, and the overall height of this car is higher than the rest of the
consist, I think they made a mistake as it sure looks bad.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511