[CBQ] Re: 1960 CB&Q excursion

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: 1960 CB&Q excursion
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:35:56 -0500
I remember the La Crosse trip. The steam boat at La Crosse was the
Avalon. I think it is still around down in Memphis rebuilt and renamed
(Memphis Belle?). Sure wish the 5632 was still around! I also remember
the very late return. Seems like we made some extra unscheduled stops
in the suburban territory on the way back because no commuter trains
were running at that time.

Bill Barber

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511