[CBQ] Re: TCZ/EB/NCL Combination Date

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: TCZ/EB/NCL Combination Date
From: "Ed DeRouin" <Ed@pixelspublishing.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 14:39:25 -0000
Dave:

The simple, and without digging deeply into the files, answer is
that the consolidations began in the winter season of 1961 or
1962 with the  Afternoon Z. Recall that the EB and NCL were
consolidated first, again winter season only, Consolidations
were not only based upon seasonal considerations, but also
time of day. The northbound MZ was not consolidated, its
schedule was not close to the departures of the other northern
trains. The southbound MZ was consolidated, as was the
northbound Afternoon Zephyr.

The short answer is that by 1968 the southbound MZ, EB, and
NCL were run as one train and the northbound AZ, EB, and NCL
were run as one train, except on Fridays and Sundays.

Ed DeRouin

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@c...>

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511