[CBQ] Re: TCZ/EB/NCL Combination Date

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: TCZ/EB/NCL Combination Date
From: "jobbox123" <jobbox123@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 16:38:33 -0000
Update to my previous posting: I checked my references since these
dates were also of interest to me:

"Effective September 30, 1960, Burlington Route combined the winter
season NCL and EB From St Paul to Chicago"

"In April 1965 the southbound NCL and Morning Zephyr were combined
from st. paul to chicago due to washouts on the burlington main and
re-route via Milwaukee road ..."

"Effective October 29 1967 the NCL EB and afternoon Zephyr were
consolidated between Chicago and St. Paul and with the Morning Zephyr
beteween St. Paul and Chicago."

When there were extra tour cars bound for Glacier and Yellowstone
national parks from chicago the EB Section, and the combined NCL-
Zephyr sections were operated seperately betwen Chicago and St. Paul.

This pretty much covers it and amends my previous post which was
based upon incorrect recollections ....