[CBQ] CB & Q switch stand No. 4

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB & Q switch stand No. 4
From: "david_f_pease" <davidp@tritel.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:49:14 -0000
I have a question about switch stands.  I am building a CB & Q
Model Railroad in N Scale.  I went down to the tracks to examine
the switch stands.  They are CB & Q switch stands number 4.
These switch stands have had their tops modified.  The tops have
be shorten and a red panel added to them.  Green tape has been
added to the pole directly.  This tape is only the width of the
pole, about an inch, and is only visible if your standing next to
the pole.  I have no idea how a Engineer could see it.  These
stands are about 8 feet tall now.   My question is, how did the
tops of these switch stands look originally, and when where they
modified, and why?  Also, does someone make a N scale switch
stand that would approximate these switch stands.

Thanks

David