[CBQ] Q-GN-NP Interchange 1962

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Q-GN-NP Interchange 1962
From: "gaedgar66" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 05:03:01 -0000
Per the Internal COnfidential report I cited for into on Oregon,
here's data on loaded cars interchanged by the Q to & from GN/NP for
1962.  Gives modelers an idea as to mix of MTY's & loads.  (I rounded
all carloads to nearest 100)

For calendar 1962, GN (Twin Cities/Sioux City/Billings) & NP (Twin
Cities & Laurel) del'd 118,700 loads & rcvd 89,100 to/from CB&Q.
Thus you have more MTY's going west than east.  Specifically:

GN del'd 31,800 @ Twin Cities; 12,600 @ Sioux City & 18,000 @ Billings
NP del'd 29,800 @ Twin Cities & 27,800 @ Laurel
Peak month for GN @ TWin Cities was Oct with 3600; low was June @ 2100
   "         " NP @   "       "  "   "    "  3000; low was Feb @ 2100
(obviously grain made Oct the peak for both roads)
GN del'd 12,600 @ Sioux City with JAn peak @ 1300 & June low @ 800
GN del'd 18,000 @ Billings with Oct peak @ 2100 & Feb low @ 1200
NP del'd 27,800 @ Laurel with Oct peak @ 3800 & June low @ 1800

Q del'd 27,900 to GN @ TWin Cities with Sept peak 2600 & JAn low 1900
Q del'd 14,000 to GN @ Sioux City with JUly peak @ 1600 & Dec low 900
Q del'd 11,000 to GN @ Billings with MAy peak @ 1700 & Dec low 600
Q del'd 21,700 to NP @ Twin Cities with Oct peak 2000 & JAn low 1400
Q del'd 15,000 to NP @ Laurel with Ocr peak 1600 & Feb low @ 1000

Book also lists 1st five months of "62 - the pattern follows "62.

The biggest imbalance was CB&Q getting 1/2 again more loads from NP
than it was giving.  I.E. have a lot more open door box cars & MTY
open top hoppers & gons going W than E to/from NP interchange.
Gerald