Re: [CBQ] Re: What we give our children

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: What we give our children
From: "Jeff & Michelle Owens" <jmowens@mtco.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:54:53 -0600
Trains are like family.  They remind us of our childhoods.  They bring us
close to our parents, grand-parents, etc.  With a last name like Owens it
was enevitable not to fall in love with trains.  My most cherished picture
is of my great-grandfathers retirement after 52 years.  There was 3
generations of Owens' in the picture.  I would of been the 4th if there were
any jobs in the early 80's.  My father who has cancer still loves to talk
about the railroad and life in Galesburg & the Q.  I have a video of my
father with my son watching #261 filling with water in Medota a few years
back.  That is priceless.  With my dad being sick I'm trying to hear as many
stories as I can.  I feel families are like railroads, changing all the
time.  So pay attention before they are a fallen flag.