[CBQ] Re: What we give our children

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: What we give our children
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:39:44 -0000
I do have to admit that it was probably both my mother and my father
who both sparked my interest in trains.  My dad used to take me to
visit my grandparents whenever he attended a meeting in Chicago and
we went by California Zephyr.  Later, by sharing information on what
trains we were riding, I got to love the NYC.

Mom never really was happy that I was a railfan, until she was
reminded by a friend that she used to drag him down to see the trains
at Chicago Union Station.  We used to travel on the train when I was
very young and I believe that I sensed she was happy whenever we were
on the train, particularly on the Nickel Plate Road (this was when I
was a toddler and we lived in Cleveland but would visit our family in
Chicago).  With a mother passing along that sense of joy to a child,
that was how I believe I got hooked on trains.

sjl