Re: [CBQ] Thanks and Whoops

To: Ed@pixelspublishing.com, CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Thanks and Whoops
From: Q5632west@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:11:40 EST
In a message dated 2/25/04 8:06:22 PM, Ed@pixelspublishing.com writes:

>It was a difficult era for this country.  Watching, or riding dirty and
>late trains as they rolled their final miles was not what many of
>us experienced a few years earlier.

I'll steer clear of the politics of the 1960s, especially since many of those
unhealed wounds are at issue this year and no less contentious.  But speaking
of railroads:  Even though the CB&Q still ran a classy operation, we
youngsters coming of age at the time saw an industry in freefall.  Ten years
earlier,
or 20 years later, a lot more of us would have gone railroading.  Such is the
luck of the draw.

Bill