[CBQ] Thanks and Whoops

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Thanks and Whoops
From: "Ed DeRouin" <Ed@pixelspublishing.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 01:08:25 -0000
sjl, Johnatan, and Others:

Thanks for your feed back and I am pleased that you enjoy the
photos.

Let me try to dig out of a self-dug hole. I did not mean to infer that
I do not enjoy this list or any dialogue with you, but the era of the
passenger train discontinuances and slide into the era of the
70s was not fun to watch. The era was ripe with emotion
because so much social change was about. It is difficult to
reflect upon those days without conscientous or
unconscientious thoughts of all the social unrest and disconfort.
It was a difficult era for this country.  Watching, or riding dirty and
late trains as they rolled their final miles was not what many of
us experienced a few years earlier. It was an easy decision to
wrap up the Chicago Union Staion book prior to Amtrak and
close with a focus upon the earlier sixties!

I am not certain how Amtrak's pricing model functions, so trips
from west to east terminating prior to Denver may not be
penalized as my was. Nor, do I know is a penalty is applied due
to BNSF policies.

My prior Amtrak experience was from Chicago to Albuquerque
and was a pretty good trip, except on parts of the former ATSF
where a surface gang could help the comfort of the ride. We
were forty minutes late passing Union Ave. due to a pick up at
12th Street, but held that time to NM. Food was good.
Conversations were, too. The only downside was a loud
conversation in the dining car by unhappy  food service crew
members. They seemed to enjoy including the passengers in
the audience.

Regards,

Ed DeRouin

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511