[CBQ] Re: Sound decoder

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Sound decoder
From: "graywolfs2" <graywolfs2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 04:28:20 -0000
Hi Don,

I have installed the "low end" (cost wise) Soundtraxx steam decoder
in my P2000 0-8-0 and I find that it works very well...however, it
does not have a "signal" wire to attach to a cam to syncronize the
chuff to the movement of the engine. This works fine with a smaller,
slower engine (like a switch engine) but loses is illusion at faster
speeds.  When I get around to installing a sound decoder in my O5, I
plan on going with the more expensive decoder. It was suggested to me
that I get the Soundtraxx decoder that has the whistle from one of
the narrow gauge engines included in it, due to that particular n.g.
engine having a deeper sounding whistle. Unfortunatly, I do not have
my information handy to me here. I will dig it out and post that info
in the next day or two.
Having sound decoders does add that extra dimention to an operating
session.
Hope to hear that your O5 is in service soon!!!

Greg K.