Re: [CBQ] The 56 DZ, a fine finale to the Budd tradition started with th

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] The 56 DZ, a fine finale to the Budd tradition started with the Q
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:00:07 EST
Yes, the DZ was the last fully brand new passenger consist built with the
exception of the baggage cars, Argo and Olympus.

When the DZ ran in sections (56 equipment) which observation car was used on
the Pullman section?

>From the photos I've seen, the Buffet-Dorm-Dome ran with the coach section
along with the Slumber Coaches and the RPO and Baggage cars. My feelings are
when the DZ ran in sections, the flat end observation ran with the coach
section
and one of the extra CZ Observations ran on the DZ's Pullman Section.

Since the crew dorm was with the coach section I have seen photos of a HW
Pullman behind the motors on what appeared to be the Pullman Section of the DZ.
Also I've been told that when the DZ ran in sections, the first section out
of Chicago which was the coach section carried the train number 2nd 17
westbound, thus running on the Burlington as a second section of the CZ.

I'm interested in this because I've wanted to run my HO Model of the DZ in
sections.

Loren Johnson
Aoelus3@aol.com