[CBQ] Photo identification

To: <CBQ@YahooGroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Photo identification
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:52:53 +1300
Can anyone help with this query?  If so, please include Gerald's address of
tlin@pngusa.net  in your reply.
(And it's not the photo in the BRHS Calendar for November 1999 - already tried
that)
Thanks
Rupert

PART 1
"Your site came up in my search for information on a photograph taken in the
1930s at the West Hinsdale, Illinois depot of 2 Zephyrs, called "Double
Zephyrs."  They are on the westbound and center of the three tracks.  The photo
was taken from a signal bridge, now shown, looking east, toward Chicago.  I
would like to get a copy of the photo.  I do not know where to go to find it.

The photo appears in Robert Hughes, American Visions: An Epic History of Art in
America (New York:  Knopf, 1997), p. 460, with credit to ARCHIVE PHOTOS.  I
found nothing there.

As a child I lived near the West Hinsdale depot, played there and had a
romantic interest in zephyrs as I watched them go by, and actually took the
California Zephyr to Oakland in 1949.  So my interest in the photo is nostalgic
and personal.

I do not want to presume on your time; any suggestions you can offer in my
pursuit is appreciated.

Gerald Ghelfi

PART 2
Thank you for your reply.  No, this is not the photo I am looking for.  The one
I want shows the West Hinsdale station to the right.  It does not show the
signal bridge from where I am sure the picture was taken; I said "now shown" in
my initial message instead of "not shown".
The two engines are quite different; the one on the right has  windows, the one
on the left does not; it has a logo I cannot read.  I do not know zephyrs well
enough to suggest engine numbers, although I have been doing some reading on
zephyr history.

To visit your group on the web, go to: