[CBQ] CB&Q F unit lettering questions

To: CB&Q list <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q F unit lettering questions
From: Ed Pavlovic <cbq168a@iwc.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:07:32 -0600
I'm doing some research for a modeling project and can't
seem to find any lettering diagrams for the Burlington's F
units.  I've read through the text of Burlington Bulletin #4
that covers these "motors" and I still have some questions
which follow.

On the F3/F7 A units, was there any lettering under the
"Burlington" road name on the sides like the "CB&Q" on the E
units?  Did they paint the number of the unit on rear of the
units on both sides or only on one?  And did the unit number
appear on the sides of the A units anywhere besides the
large number under the cab windows?

On the B units, did the unit number appear at all on the
sides of the unit?  If so, where was it and what size and
style of lettering was used?  On the ends of the B units,
did the road number appear on both the front and rear ends
like they did on the rear of the A units?

I realize that I could just as easily start with one of the
Athearn Genesis A-B sets to do this project, but with all of
the changes I would like to make, I really don't want to try
to match and blend in the paint touchups that will have to
be made.

Thanks,

Ed Pavlovic

Yahoo! Groups Links