[CBQ] Questions regarding trains 75 - 78

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Questions regarding trains 75 - 78
From: "bn2204" <doswift@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:51:50 -0000
Good afternoon everyone,

My interest lies in the train operations for both the GN & BN in and
around the lines fanning out from Great Falls, Montana. I have a
couple of questions regarding trains 75-78 that swapped blocks with
GN train 78 "The Texas", and GN train 79 "The Beeliner".

1. Does anyone recall if it was common to run second, or third
sections of GN train 79 if traffic warranted? Train 79 received
blocks from CB&Q trains 75 & 77 at Laurel. Were trains 75 handed 77
handed over to the GN as complete trains, or were they broken up for
interchange to the NP to go west?

2. GN Train 78 carried blocks for CB&Q trains 76 & 78. Once again,
were there additional sections run, and was the train handed
completely over the CB&Q, or was 78 broken up at Laurel with some of
the traffic going to the NP to go east?

3. What type of cars were commonly found in each of the blocks
carried by trains CB&Q 75-78?

Thanks in advance,

Darrall Swift
Modeling the BN between Great Falls and Shelby. circa 1979-1985

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: