Re: [CBQ] CB&Q F unit lettering questions

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q F unit lettering questions
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:18:21 -0600
  From: Ed Pavlovic
  To: CB&Q list
  Sent: Wednesday, 07 January, 2004 16:07
  Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q F unit lettering questions

  I'm doing some research for a modeling project and can't
  seem to find any lettering diagrams for the Burlington's F
  units.  I've read through the text of Burlington Bulletin #4
  that covers these "motors" and I still have some questions
  which follow.

  On the F3/F7 A units, was there any lettering under the
  "Burlington" road name on the sides like the "CB&Q" on the E
  units?  Did they paint the number of the unit on rear of the
  units on both sides or only on one?  And did the unit number
  appear on the sides of the A units anywhere besides the
  large number under the cab windows?

  On the B units, did the unit number appear at all on the
  sides of the unit?  If so, where was it and what size and
  style of lettering was used?  On the ends of the B units,
  did the road number appear on both the front and rear ends
  like they did on the rear of the A units?

  I realize that I could just as easily start with one of the
  Athearn Genesis A-B sets to do this project, but with all of
  the changes I would like to make, I really don't want to try
  to match and blend in the paint touchups that will have to
  be made.

  Thanks,

  Ed Pavlovic

To visit your group on the web, go to: