Re: [CBQ] CB&Q F unit lettering questions

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q F unit lettering questions
From: Ed Pavlovic <cbq168a@iwc.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:57:34 -0600
Russ,
Which stripe along the side sill are you referring to?  On
the Q's F units, the only stripes that I was aware of were
the wide red stripe with the black edging and the red stripe
on the batten stripe that passes under the radiator shutters
and air intakes on the early F3's and the stainless steel
grills on the late F3's and F7's.

Just curious,

Ed Pavlovic

Russell Strodtz wrote:

>   On the B units, did the unit number appear at all on the
>   sides of the unit?  If so, where was it and what size and
>   style of lettering was used?  On the ends of the B units,
>   did the road number appear on both the front and rear ends
>   like they did on the rear of the A units?
>
>   "B" units had a number in the stripe along the side sill
>   similar to the way GP7's etc. were lettered.
>
>   Russ

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: