[CBQ] Re: CB&Q Green Pre-Merger Paint Scheme

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Green Pre-Merger Paint Scheme
From: "jobbox123" <jobbox123@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:34:37 -0000
Yes. I recall seeing all of these during the late 60's at Clyde Yard
and roaring through hinsdale - probably on time frieghts of some
type. One thing about the GP40 that I recall is that it carried the
prototype BN logo rather than the white burlington lettering below
the cab whereas the other units had just the white "burlington"
letting. Is my recollection wrong ?

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Mike Spoor <CBQRR@j...> wrote:
> If you look on page 61 of my CB&Q In Color Volume #4, you will find
> photo taken by Marian Brasher of CB&Q GP-40 #629 in the pre-merger
green,
> black and white scheme. The unit was photographed at LaSalle in
April
> 1969.  This was the only GP-40 locomotive painted in the pre-merger
> scheme and it has the distinction of being the only CB&Q loco
repainted
> prior to the merger into the pre-merger scheme.  The SD-45s and
U23Cs

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511