Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Green Pre-Merger Paint Scheme

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Green Pre-Merger Paint Scheme
From: Mike Spoor <CBQRR@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 08:57:31 -0600
Cc: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
If you look on page 61 of my CB&Q In Color Volume #4, you will find a
photo taken by Marian Brasher of CB&Q GP-40 #629 in the pre-merger green,
black and white scheme. The unit was photographed at LaSalle in April
1969.  This was the only GP-40 locomotive painted in the pre-merger
scheme and it has the distinction of being the only CB&Q loco repainted
prior to the merger into the pre-merger scheme.  The SD-45s and U23Cs
came from the factory in pre-merger paint.

Mike Spoor

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511