[CBQ] Savanna Track Scale

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Savanna Track Scale
From: "herrick01" <bherrick@krausonline.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:27:13 -0000
The 1930's freight shipper guides indicate that the Q had a track
scale at Savanna.  Moreover, the 1937 guide states that listed track
scales are located some distance from the stations and "are not
accessible for the weighing of cars enroute from these stations (see
BB29, p. 58).

Would anyone recall where the Q's Savanna track scale was located,
e.g. the yard?  Also, since the scale was not utilized for local
shipments, what did it weigh?

The Milwaukee had a scale at the grain elevator along the river,
according to the 1926 Sanborn, and I'd planned to replicate it for
operating interest but I'd much rather include the Q scale.

Thanks for your help, as always.

Bob Herrick

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: