[CBQ] Re: CB&Q Green Pre-Merger Paint Scheme

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Green Pre-Merger Paint Scheme
From: "binder5295" <binder5295@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:00:07 -0000
--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Aeolus3@a... wrote:
> Although I don't know the number but at least one of the Q GP 40's carried
> that ugly paint job.......

Ugly????  I never saw the GP-40 or U23C's, but I was in high school when the
SD45's arrived on property in Lincoln, NE.  WOW what
a change!  This is from someone who thinks that the "blackbird" was one of the
more attractive paint jobs ever put on a diesel.  The
new green units were so clean and such a dramatic change that they were
exciting to see.  I enjoyed the red units and first learned to
paint HO models by doing red CB&Q's.  The green certainly wasn't ugly -
especially when compared to the drab, dull black and green
that followed.  My only regret on the green SD45's is that I wasn't much of a
photographer then and my only personal photos are little
"brownie" shots.

Gary Binder

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511