[BRHSlist] Fw: [n_scale] Updated "Prototypes for N scale passenger cars"

To: SANTAFE@crcvms.unl.edu,warbonnetclubatsf@yahoogroups.com, BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com,drgw@yahoogroups.com, thefriscoclub@yahoogroups.com,Frisco@yahoogroups.com, frisco@nshore.org,gngoat@yahoogroups.com,mkt@yahoogroups.com, ritslist@storm.simpson.edu,CRIP-RR@yahoogroups.com, rockislandrockets@yahoogroups.com, soonerstaterails@yahoogroups.com,Union_Pacific@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Fw: [n_scale] Updated "Prototypes for N scale passenger cars" site
From: okt@juno.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 23:09:30 -0600
From: Fred Klein <klein@usgs.gov>
To: n_scale@yahoogroups.com
Dear modelers

I have just uploaded a revised version of my web site "Prototypes for N
scale passenger cars".  I've compiled prototype identificatons, with
model and prototype photos of nearly every available N scale plastic
passenger car I can find.  I also have 15 N-scale prototypical passenger
trains (mostly streamliners) with realistic consists.  The website is:

http://www.trainweb.org/fredatsf

My new email address is klein.fred@comcast.net
klein@usgs.gov works also.

I've added information on the Bachmann shortie heavyweights, Microtrains
troop cars, JnJ RPO brass side, the latest Concor Budd cars, and other
minor revisions.  New full-train N-scale models are the 1947 Freedom
Train (not the inaccurate Concor train), 1938 Super Chief (brass), 1941
City of San Francisco, 1956 SP commute train, two CBQ Zephyrs, and two
WWII troop trains.

I have a new page of prototype photos of the 1947-49 Freedom Train.
Photos of this train are scarce, and I would like to add or link to more
photos that you find and send me.

As always, I would love to include additional information you supply.  I
fully credit all sources, as you can see.  I can add more full N-scale
trains that you send me, provided they are near-prototypical cars and
consists, and the scans are of good quality.  Thanks to all who have
contributed information and passenger car identifications.

Fred Klein

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511