[BRHSlist] New Walthers HO Items - Questions

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] New Walthers HO Items - Questions
From: "thommack" <mack@chmack.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:56:39 -0000
I was just browsing the Walthers web site and noticed two things big
for us Q buffs. The 4 window cabooses are being released in Green
and in Chinese Red with the multi-color Burlington Route herald. So
here is the first question:

Is the Chinese Red with a multi-colored herald prototypical for Q
cabooses? I would think Walthers did their homework, but I can't
remember any pictures (not that I've looked hard, though).

Second, if you go to the walthers web site (www.walthers.com) and
choose the link to 2004 New Walthers products, they are listing
Troop Kitchen Cars as new for 2004. The picture looks like the Q
Jeeps I was thinking of buying from Cannonball Car Shops.
Unfortunately, it looks like they are doing the version with
windows, but it might be easier to just blank the windows of the
Walthers kits. Anyway, can anyone comment on whether these cars will
fit the Q prototype? If so, I'll be holding off on buying and
painting the Cannonball kits. Also, might be able to get Walthers to
even run them as Q. BTW, I model 1967-68 as a time reference.

Tom Mack

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511