Re: [BRHSlist] Trailer bodies in Galesburg

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Trailer bodies in Galesburg
From: "Steven Holding" <s.holding@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:33:51 -0600
From: "Ralph W. Brown, Jr." <cbq682@grics.net>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 7:16 PM

> This location is Winkler's Towing on South Academy Street.  Academy Street
dead ends at this property.  They also have a scrap yard there.  The
trailers have been there for as long as I can remember.  At one time they
had two CNW waycars.  A baywindow and a style similar to the NE-13s.  Both
of those are now out on Grand Avenue (US 150) at a salvage yard.

> In the lot of Winkler's there are several steel box cars.  Burlington
Northern and Frisco.  All of those are still there, and have been for a long
time.  When I go rail watching I drive by the east side of the Winkler's
lot.  They have a solid fence up so I cannot see into the lot.  I can only
see the tops of the boxcars.  I will have to drive around to the west side
the next time I'm in the area to see if the trailers are still there.  I'm
sure they are.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511