Re: [BRHSlist] Trailer bodies in Galesburg

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Trailer bodies in Galesburg
From: "Ralph W. Brown, Jr." <cbq682@grics.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:16:28 -0600
This location is Winkler's Towing on South Academy Street.  Academy Street dead
ends at this property.  They also have a scrap yard there.  The trailers have
been there for as long as I can remember.  At one time they had two CNW
waycars.  A baywindow and a style similar to the NE-13s.  Both of those are now
out on Grand Avenue (US 150) at a salvage yard.

In the lot of Winkler's there are several steel box cars.  Burlington Northern
and Frisco.  All of those are still there, and have been for a long time.  When
I go rail watching I drive by the east side of the Winkler's lot.  They have a
solid fence up so I cannot see into the lot.  I can only see the tops of the
boxcars.  I will have to drive around to the west side the next time I'm in the
area to see if the trailers are still there.  I'm sure they are.

R.W. Brown, Jr.
Galesburg, IL

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511