[BRHSlist] RE: Question for RR freight modelers...

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] RE: Question for RR freight modelers...
From: jkohl <jkohl@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:51:51 -0800 (PST)
Thanks, Doug, for your excellent explaination...

>Further the objection is the metal springs used in sprung trucks are <BR>
>too large with the coils spaced too far apart

I see what you mean, after going back to the "prototypes"
http://www.castlegraphics.com/graphic/transportation/rail/freight56.jpg
It's not springs all side by side, but that there are more springs BEHIND
the front two.

>I have some sprung trucks on my models, but find many do not roll as well

Ahhhh...now this I have never seen.  All mine have Kadee, and all roll very
well.  One thing I always do is remove the wheels from the frame before
finishing my cars, a tiny bit of oil on the end of each axle works great.
I've not yet seen one bind up or cause problems.

Cheers!

computer security consultant
The Pits - http://www.theuspits.com
Castle Graphics - http://www.castlegraphics.com