Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Don't stop now.

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Don't stop now.
From: "Bob Weber" <eng95@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 15:00:08 -0800
Right.  The moving magnetic field creates a current in the windings which is
applied to the resistor bank where it is dissapated as heat.  The lower the
resistance the greater the current flow the more heat is generated and
disssapated.  The resistance to the rotating magnets (hence to the axles) is
proportional to the magnitude of the current flowing in the circuit.  Each 746
watts of dissapation requires 1 horsepower of energy from the wheels and is in
the form of drag.

Bob