Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Sound Decoders

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Sound Decoders
From: lyle dowell <slyone@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 00:11:36 -0500
The 2nd gen decoders, speaking from Soundtrax's viewpoint, are
turbocharged locomotives. That description would include the SD24, GP20,
and most locomotives built post '59. However, the engine they used to
record the overall sounds I believe came from much more modern equipment
using a 645 prime mover. It would take a knowing ear to tell the
difference tho'. I don't know, but doubt, if any Q loco's like the GP7/9
or SD7/9 were ever refitted with turbochargers while still a Q locomotive.

Lyle Dowell

--

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511