Re: [BRHSlist] Re: shipping in barrels/sacks

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: shipping in barrels/sacks
From: "David Jordan" <dpj1974@insightbb.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:42:02 -0500
> HW in peoria brings back fond memories. While attending Bradley,
> during the summer I would work for the CRIP. Set many a box car at
> the Hiram Walker plant.
>
> Dont ever remember the Q switching there - doesnt mean they didnt
> though.

Hiram Walker's distillery and cooperage facilities were separate. The
cooperage plant was along the Q main (within yard limits) along Washington
St. while the distillery was located several blocks to the northeast at the
foot of Edmund St. The west side was switched by P&PU, which had access to
the terminal elevator, power plant, feed house and bottling plant. Since you
worked for the Rock, please correct me of I'm wrong, but it appears that
they had access to the terminal elevator, feed house and shipping warehouse.
Hiram Walker shipped bulk liquors in tank cars from Peoria to its packaging
facility at Burlingame, California as well but I'm not sure if these cars
were loaded on the P&PU or RI side.

David P. Jordan
Peoria, Illinois

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511