Re: [BRHSlist] Con-Cor PZ - TRUE!

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Con-Cor PZ - TRUE!
From: jkohl <jkohl@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:03:02 -0700 (PDT)
>>>This is a rather humorous response on Con-Cor's part. These days one has
to pay for the half page of space in the Walther's catalog that Con-Cor
has announcing the Zephyr. Considering the artwork for that page was
probably done at least 2-3 months ago, and someone at Con-Cor had to
approve the space purchase and provide the content, it makes you wonder.
Besides the Walthers catalog "ad" says that the final specifications
would not be available until early 2004. So it almost makes one think it
was a preemptive attempt to scare off any other manufacturer who might
have been contemplating doing something similar.<<<

Bill, unfortunately I'm also wondering about the legitimacy of this as well.
 My friend pointed out to me a custom train that was advertised by Con-Cor
in the 2003 Walthers catalogue.  He ordered one for his customers and one as
a store display, apparently it was never built and no reason given either.

I'm all for it if it's a nicely detailed model, so hopefully we're not
discussing pipe dreams here...

Cheers!

Jan

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511