Re: [BRHSlist] Chicago Hobby Show

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Chicago Hobby Show
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:40:29 -0500
Yes, God Forbid we get anyone into the Hobby that somehow did not stumble
into one of the few remaining Brick and Mortar Retail Hobby Shops, and, by
some oversight, were not turned off by Officious Technical Jargon or blow
off as Not Being Worthy!!!
Trainfest is better (manufacturers get to meet NEW people, not listen to the
same complaints every year from customers that already know more about the
product line than the marketing people).  Also, for the TRADE show a new,
alternative show is starting in Las Vegas (cheap to get to as compared to
Chicago, inexpensive to stay, and no big Union hassles with the exhibition
hall) and most of the Model Railroading manufacturers are shifting to that
show and attending the regionals like Trainfest and Springfield.
Charlie Vlk