Re: [BRHSlist] North Mo RR and H&StJ Questions

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] North Mo RR and H&StJ Questions
From: "Haydens" <kliner@socket.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:24:31 -0500
From: "Ken Martin" <kmartin@cwia.com>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 7:27 PM

Also at this time the H&StJ was carrying the mail for the Pony Express.
April 3, 1860 through October 1861  See:
http://www.ponyexpress.org/history.htm

On a related note I remember seeing years ago in a book a picture of a
log blockhouse the H&StJ built next to bridges during the Civil war to
keep bridges from being destroyed. It is not in any of the books I have
now. Does anyone know of a similar picture and where I can find it?

All in all it could make for an exciting train ride at the time.

Ken Martin

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/8ZCslB/TM