Re: [BRHSlist] Introduction and shovelnose

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Introduction and shovelnose
From: "David Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:41:25 +0000
Bcc:
Greetings Manfred and welcome to the BRHSlist!

Since you've not yet received a reply to your post regarding the Railway
Classics shovelnose locomotives, I'll tell you what I know (although it may
be a bit prejudiced!)

I work at Railway Classics and was the project leader for the shovelnose
project.  I can assure you that these are the most accurately detailed
models of the shovelnoses ever imported.  Also, since I am a modeler and
have an operating layout, the locomotive's performance was very important.
The locomotives are weighted so that the single A unit will pull 8 average
brass cars up a 2% grade and the A-B set will pull 14 average cars up the
same grade.  I've not received any negative feedback on these locomotives
and I'm certain that you'll be pleased with them.  Again, my opinion is
somewhat skewed, so I hope others on the list will provide their feedback as
well.

Railway Classics web site (www.RailwayClassics.com) has a list of dealers.
I'll let the rest of the list offer their suggestions as to their preference
in dealers.

Hope this helps!

David Lotz
Railway Classics
Phone: 314-846-4391
E-mail: Dave_Lotz@RailwayClassics.com

>From: "Manfred Lorenz" <germanfred55@yahoo.com>
>To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [BRHSlist] Introduction and shovelnose
>Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:11:30 -0000
>
>Hi all,
>
>I am new to this list. My prototype and modelling interest is in the
>northwestern railroads. With a special focus in electric operation.
>
>This comes partly from my living area, Germany, where everything
>(almost, that is) runs under wire or besides third rail. The pantos
>and overhead maze of wires I find especially fascinating.
>
>What brought me to the Burlington list is another interest in sleek
>trains. And the Burlington is one prominent leader in this field.
>Which leads on to the shovelnose diesels. These have been discussed
>here as I found out from the archives. But it seems there is no
>information on the models from Railways Classics.
>
>I am especiallly intrigued by the AB sets of Silver King/Queen resp.
>Knight/Princess with the raised mars light housing. These are
>beautifully executed models which add something special to the
>otherwise somewhat uniform appearance of dieseldom.
>
>Has anybody experience with these models? How do they run in
>comparison to, say Kato and newer Atlas "plastic" diesels? What about
>the fidelity and scale of details? Any good source for obtaining
>these?
>
>Thanks for your consideration
>Manfred
>Bonn, Germany

Buy Coral Calcium for Greater Health - $23.95
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/MmkSQC/NTVGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM