[BRHSlist] Introduction and shovelnose

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Introduction and shovelnose
From: "Manfred Lorenz" <germanfred55@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:11:30 -0000
Hi all,

I am new to this list. My prototype and modelling interest is in the
northwestern railroads. With a special focus in electric operation.

This comes partly from my living area, Germany, where everything
(almost, that is) runs under wire or besides third rail. The pantos
and overhead maze of wires I find especially fascinating.

What brought me to the Burlington list is another interest in sleek
trains. And the Burlington is one prominent leader in this field.
Which leads on to the shovelnose diesels. These have been discussed
here as I found out from the archives. But it seems there is no
information on the models from Railways Classics.

I am especiallly intrigued by the AB sets of Silver King/Queen resp.
Knight/Princess with the raised mars light housing. These are
beautifully executed models which add something special to the
otherwise somewhat uniform appearance of dieseldom.

Has anybody experience with these models? How do they run in
comparison to, say Kato and newer Atlas "plastic" diesels? What about
the fidelity and scale of details? Any good source for obtaining
these?

Thanks for your consideration
Manfred
Bonn, Germany