[BRHSlist] Is It or Isn't It?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BRHSlist] Is It or Isn't It?
From: Paul Kossart <misterkozy@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 12:23:37 -0500
Hi all,

I just read the following at Kalmbach's Trains.com site.  I haven't been to
Galesburg in many moons but all I keep hearing is how you CAN'T park on the
bridge over the yard anymore.  So what gives here?

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy"

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
> Why I love Galesburg: I recently visited Galesburg, IL during their annual
> Railroad Days celebration. It?s good to get back to the area, not just
> because I grew up in nearby Alpha, IL, but also because Galesburg offers a
> great place to get prototype photos that are usually hard to obtain: roofline
> shots.

The Knox County Highway 10 bridge cuts right across the middle of the
Burlington Northern Santa Fe classification yard in Galesburg. This isn?t the
type of bridge most railfans are accustomed to, where you have to risk life and
penalty of law to get photos. Rather, the two-lane Highway 10 bridge has
extra-wide shoulders that provide ample space for railfans to park their cars
and take photos.

Want more realistic freight car roofs? This is the place to get photos.

To see what I mean, see "Burlington Northern Santa Fe?s remote control units"
that contains roof-line views of BNSF?s modern remote control locomotives. If
you?re a modern BNSF modeler, you?ll see why I love Galesburg so much.- Erik
Bergstrom, Content and Business Manager, Trains.com  <

Save on Coral Calcium. Get Better Health and
Stronger Bones. Seen on TV
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid-2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/9gf46B/EfUGAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM