Re: [BRHSlist] Strange hump on 2-10-4...

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Strange hump on 2-10-4...
From: jkohl <jkohl@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:15:27 -0700 (PDT)
>Actually, you have the chronology reversed.  When built,
>the domes were spaced on opposite sides of the steam dome
>and the rear sand dome was moved forward in the late
>1930's or or early 1940's.

Hmmmm...strange, as the photo caption states that it is 1960 for the first
picture.  I'll have to double check that, as that engine may have been
scrapped by that time.  However, the engine certainly looks much newer in
the other photo.

>It seems that I've seen a
>photo dated in 1938 or 39 where the domes on one engine
>are still in their original configuration.

Well, you can see one of each here...  :)

Cheers!

Jan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM