Re: [BRHSlist] Diesel model ID help request

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Diesel model ID help request
From: Lyle Dowell <slyone@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 20:05:30 -0500
It's a U25C, better than decent model when it was new. By today's
standards .. respectable. IMHO, the drive line is a bit weak with only
diagonal pickup, that is not all wheels electrified. The drive shafts
out of the fuel tank are a visual distraction, but not a major one. One
of the things well thought of even now are the sideframes, pretty well
done and accurate. As a side note, if you ever think about remotoring
it, the new Bachmann electric uses the same sideframe (not mechanically
that is, visually). It's wheel base is too long and won't fit under the
U25. Overall the U25 model is a little bit short compared to the
prototype, but its the only game in town that's not brass. :) I found
one of these a few years ago, nicely painted and custom decaled for a
home road that resembled BN (I know ... wrong list). I debated hard on
leaving it as is, or stripping to make it Q or NP. It finally went into
the stripper and underneath....  Q paint!!!  :(  Enjoy he model. :)

Lyle

--

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM