[BRHSlist] More on Walthers Cabooses

To: CB&Q List <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [BRHSlist] More on Walthers Cabooses
From: GORDON SMITH <kc2bw@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 19:48:26 -0400
I received a response today from Walthers to the questions I put to them on
Friday. I asked if the numbers chosen were from known cars with the bathroom
window and if they would please consider at least releasing the windowless
body in undecorated. Here is the response I received...

Gordon:

  The person I would need to talk to in our product development department
to answer your question is out for the week.

Knowing though that modelers out there will call us on the carpet for
just about anything you can imagine, it seems reasonable that we picked
numbers the real cars "should" have had.  Why go through all the work
of measureing, design, and quality control, only to have an innacurate
model?
I'd be willing to bet the numbers are right, and any differences are in the
details that cannot be produces economically, (or not at all) where they
can't or won't be seen.  If we keep getting demand for the undec, non end
window car, we just might end up offering one!  For now though, the strip
and repaint option of car (like 932-7561, which is end window delete,)
is always there if you feel adventurous!

DannyZ

So there you have it. If you want them then write this guy at
dannyz@walthers.com or get the painted ones and strip them. They're gonna be
wondering why the CNW and BN versions are selling so well! OH... And from
the sounds of  his response the numbers probably are not correct.

Gordon

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/8ZCslB/TM